MTN Pulse FAQs
Q. What is MTN Pulse?
A. MTN Pulse tariff plan is a prepaid tariff plan that allows you enjoy FLAT rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after spending NGN10 daily.
With MTN Pulse, “You Talk more, Laugh more and Love more”
Q. Who can subscribe to MTN Pulse?
A. All MTN Prepaid customers can migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan.
Q. I am on MTN IPulse already, do I need to migrate to Pulse to enjoy the discounted rate and other offers?
A. Yes, you will need to migrate to MTN Pulse to enjoy the discounted call rates and other offers.
Q. Why should I migrate to MTN Pulse?
A. You will enjoy the following benefits when you are on MTN Pulse:
- Flat rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks after spending NGN10 daily.
- Music streaming on Music+ at N10/day
- Happy Hour night browsing at N25/day
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle
- Data bonus on recharge
- Plus other life-enriching products and services from MTN
Q. How do I migrate to MTN Pulse?
A. Simply text 406 to 131 or Dial *406*1#.
Q. How much will I be charged for migrating to MTN Pulse?
A. You will NOT be charged for migrating to MTN Pulse if it is your first time. Subsequent migrations within the same month will attract a N100 migration fee..
Q. How many times can I migrate in and out of MTN Pulse?
A. You will be able to migrate in and out of MTN Pulse for free once in 30 days. Subsequent migrations within the same month will attract a N100 migration fee.
Q. Will I be charged the daily fee as soon as I migrate to MTN Pulse?
A. No, you will NOT be charged the daily fee as soon as you migrate to MTN Pulse.
Q. What do I need to do to enjoy discounted calls?
A. To enjoy discounted rates on your MTN-to-MTN calls and calls to other networks;
- Text 406 to 131 or dial *406*1# and migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan.
- -As soon as you migrate into the MTN Pulse tariff plan, minutes spent on calls will be accumulated.
- At this point, your calls to all National numbers will be charged at – 20k/sec.
- As you make the calls, your accumulated spend will continue to increase.
- -When your accumulated spend on calls reaches N10, your calls to all national numbers will reduce to 11kobo/sec.
- -You will continue to enjoy the discounted rate - 11kobo/sec for the rest of the day till 11:59pm of that day.
- The next day, the same thing will happen. Your calls will be accumulated up to the defined amount N10 after which your calls will drop to 11 kobo/sec.
- -When you spend up to the pre-defined daily amount, NGN10 while making a call, the new rate will be charged from the point you qualifies.
- If you migrate out of MTN Pulse tariff plan to any other prepaid tariff plan without spending up to the daily fee, all your accumulated spend will be cleared.
- -If you migrate back into MTN Pulse tariff plan, the system will begin to accumulate your spend again.
- -If you have made more than N10 worth of calls while on other tariff plan, it will NOT count towards reaching the pre-defined threshold when you migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan.
Q. What happens to my call rate if I decide to migrate to another prepaid plan after paying the daily fee?
A. Your calls will be charged based on the call rate of that tariff plan.
Q. Will I enjoy the discount on both national voice calls and International calls?
A. No, you will only enjoy the discount on MTN-to-MTN calls and MTN2Other networks calls.
Q. Will the happy hour bundle be activated for me as soon as I migrate to Pulse?
A. No, happy hour bundle will NOT be activated for you as soon as you migrate to Pulse. You will be required to subscribe by sending Night to 131 and the subscription fee of N25 will be deducted.
Q. For how long will I enjoy the happy hour bundle?
A. You will only enjoy the Free Night Browsing from 12am to 4am daily after subscribing to it.
Q. Do I need to subscribe every day to enjoy the night browsing or will my subscription be renewed automatically?
A. No, your subscription will not be renewed automatically. You will need to subscribe daily to enjoy the free night browsing.
Q. How do I subscribe to Music+?
A. To subscribe to Music+, send M to 5900 and the subscription fee of N10 will be deducted.
You will only enjoy the service for 1 day after which you will be required to subscribe to the weekly or monthly plan to continue enjoying the service.
Q. How do I subscribe to 500MB Weekly bundle?
A. A. You can subscribe to 500MB weekly bundle by sending 103 to 131 or by dialing *406*2# and the bundle fee of N500 will be deducted. You will then receive 1GB in your account.
You can check your bundle balance sending 2 to 131 or by dialing *131*4#.
Q. What is the validity of the data bundle?
A. The bundle is valid for 7 days after which it will be renewed.
Q. Will I be able to subscribe to the data bundle multiple times?
A. Yes, you will be able to purchase 500MB weekly bundle multiple times. After subscribing again, your new data bundle will be added to the old bundle and the expiry date will also be extended.
Q. Will I receive any data bonus when I recharge
on MTN Pulse?
A. Yes, you will receive 10MB if you recharge with ₦100 but if you recharge with N200 or more, you will receive 20MB. You will receive this free data ONLY on your first recharge of the week. To view the bundle, simply dial *556#.
Q. What is the validity of the data bonus?
A. The data bonus is valid for 1 day.
Q. What tariff will I enjoy on MTN Pulse?
A. A breakdown of the tariff you will enjoy on this plan can be seen in the table below:
|Migration||Dial *406*1# | 406 to 131|
|Calls to MTN Numbers (after daily fee has been deducted)||11 kobo per second|
|Calls to other networks (after daily fee has been deducted)||11 kobo per second|
|Happy Hour Bundles||Happy Hour bundle @N25|
|Music plus||Music streaming on MTN Music+ service @N10|
|Weekly bundle||100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle|
|Data bonus on recharge||10MB on ₦100 recharge or 20MB on ₦200 and above. ONLY on first recharge of the week|